yeah but to counter that OU has played ONE team that actually has a defense that was Texas and Texas' defense is terrible. They can't tackle to save their lives. I say put OU up against a legit defense and they don't rack up the same numbers
It would be a toss up for me between Urban and Coach O. Urban because I would love to pick his brain and ask him some questions about specific things he sees in the future of Buckeye Football. Coach O for all of the reasons before me. Guy just seems like he would be a hell of a lot of fun.
Haven't read all the comments but a couple of things-
1. Joe Burrow is a Buckeye thru and thru, I saw a recent interview of him and he STILLS refers to that team as That Team Up North. I think I actually pumped my fist when he did. This was a really recent too
2. How cool and ironic would it be if the CFP looked likes this - Semi finals- Alabama vs OU in one semi and THE vs LSU in the other, what a great storyline.
I think a new combo would be pretty cool would
Helmet - Chrome- like super ass shiny chrome with traditional red stripe and two small black ones and metallic shiny green buckeye leaves
White tops with Red Letters and shiny metallic grey sleeves
White pants with Red stripe bordered by two small black ones.
White socks and white shoes
Helmet - super metallica shiny gray, one red stripe down the middle that is kind of fat with a BIG Metallic green buckeye leaf on the left side and Numbers in black on right side
top - Red top with black numbers
bottoms- Grey bottoms with black stripe down the side and Block O on right hip flexor
Socks Black socks with black cleats that have white swoosh or white block O on outside of cleat
Interesting and something I didn't and wouldn't know as I have never purposely watched a ND game unless they were playing us or the playoffs. I HATE ND. All my catholic relatives wear ND stuff and It drives me f'ing crazy.
great thread topic, love these kind of mind benders that end up having me waste 45min to an hour during the work day haha.
I follow a lot of recruits and other talking heads from different conferences to see who and why is trending.
I will list each conference and who I think has the best shot out of each then rank those in terms of who out them has the best shot
1. ACC- North Carolina- Never NEVER underestimate a phenomenal recruiter and that is who Mack Brown is, I live in Texas and in his prime here there was NO recruit in the country who didn't have Texas on their short list and the vibe I can already feel out of NC is like Texas in his first few years. Question is though how long can he do this, he is old, young at heart, but old. They are a Jordan brand school which kids will dig getting rare Jordan Carolina blue kicks or team only. Great state and weather.
2. BIG XII - Texas, I know Oklahoma is en vogue at the moment with Lincoln Riley and everyone is praising Grinch's Defense but they are far from a complete team and have yet to play a real team this year. That stops this weekend with the Red River Rivalry and that is one of the best rivalries in sports besides THE GAME. Hurts made some comments this week about playing in the Iron Bowl but ffs give me a break, Texas/OU is PURE hatred like fights in the streets the night before and Molotov cocktail bombs hate in Dallas. Anyway, Texas is closer to a more complete team and Sam Ehlinger is a MAN plus they have a serious gun slinger in Hudson Card coming in next year.
3. B1G - buahahahahahahaha- but seriously I'd say Wiscy. They always have great running backs and their line on both sides, especially offense almost all end up in the league. They are one good passer away from being seriously legit.
4. PAC 12 - this is the tough one. USC is one great coach away from putting it together, they recruit REALLY well and get great athletes. UCLA has fallen on seriously hard times and it won't change anytime soon, Their QB is TERRIBLE. Tate's old back up. I mean he is bad. UW- Eason is a great QB and if you follow Gee Scott, Sr. on Twitter they live up there and UW is pulling in some really really great recruits. Chris Peterson does things the right way and I think they are really close. Oregon is a hype machine plain and simple. Cristobol is taking them nowhere. AZ and ASU is where the California left overs go but aren't good enough to beat the main course. Utah? they are like the Texas A&M of PAC 12, solid recruiting and are liable to punch anyone in the mouth but inexplicably shit the bed against teams they should beat. my vote for the PAC 12 is UW
Ranking amongst those 4
Let's pump the brakes on the "couldn't win the job" at Georgia. Everyone wants to point to Trevor Lawrence and say Oh well this freshman did it. To me that was an anomaly and I think we have seen Trevor regress a little. Trevor was an unknown entity to the ACC which led to a lot of defensive coaches trying to scramble and build effective defensive schemes around his arm. This year we are seeing better planning and his numbers are pedestrian. The old adage goes you wait to evaluate a QB in year 2 and 3, that will show you how good they can be.
Now the situation at UGA to me wasn't really an open opportunity. Eason went down and Fromm ( also a highly rated and great QB) stepped in and played great. So much so that I think he took them farther than they expected. Why would Kirby Smart say ok this is an open competition when Fromm hadn't really done anything to warrant that. In my eyes it was an "open" competition where in he told Fields what he wanted to hear but in no way actually was giving him a shot. The narrative of well if Fields was so good why didn't he beat out Fromm is based on half truths and other coach speak. Had Fields and Fromm walked into UGA at the same time we might be looking at a completely different landscape in the QB scene.
EDIT: my response is to the people who are questioning Fields being able to beat out Fromm. There are Buckeye fans who still think he may not be as good as we think he is. I see your " " so Im assuming you are subscribing to what I wrote but not sure.
I was just having this conversation the other day but It was more along the lines of man Master Teague is the real deal and I had no idea he could make this big of an impact. I look at it like a 1-2 punch, rarely if ever does someone go down on 1 punch but it's the second one when they are reeling from the first that buckles the knees. To me Teague is benefitting from being the 2 punch. My suspicion though is that if Teague started one game it wouldn't surprise me if he went out and raised some legit eyebrows.
Oh another one of my favs
Drop Kick Murphys - I'm shipping up to Boston (instead say C-Bus) haha
that opening gets me JACKED UP
My oldest goes to TAMU and I was just commenting on this, how can you go 7 years and NEVER face a conference opponent. just bizarre
for me I like hard rock so it would probably be
don't forget MSU
I can't say how I know this and no HIPPA laws were violated but pretty sure it's a broken hand
You can wear screw ons in football as well but I think now a days nobody plays on turf deef or soft enough to justify screw ons. I played soccer for most of my life and I can't get on board with all these flashy boots kids wear today. My two favorite pairs of shoes were and still are Adidas Copa Mundial cleats and the screw on cleat version called the Copa World Cups.
LOVED me some Billy "white shoes" Johnson and his TD celebrations. when I was a kid I use to do emulate it when we played backyard ball
You are correct on the white looking faster, there was a scientific study done a long time ago that showed in basketball a players feet were harder to account for and adjust to with all white shoes on.
I think he is just fucking with you, hopefully. They Have Texas next week and will be their first real test and their Defense is not good. Just haven't played an offense yet, AT ALL
Up vote for the Pennsylvania State, that is just flat out awesome.
Yeah agree, that first qt on offense was just hair pulling but on the up side this is the first game that I feel like we have a lot of film to breakdown and learn from. We also got roped into some undisciplined antics and just felt we looked a little on our heels at times. Still covered the spread and we punched them in the mouth pretty good but definitely some stuff to work on.
weird, they must have updated between the time I looked and posted that topic because it was showing zero
EDIT: just looked again and hit refresh 3 times and still isn't reporting any fumbles. odd
I'm happy but I also enjoy complete and utter annihilation and want their fans to sit and stew over their mistakes and how attempting to take cheap shots at our players will get them nowhere...NOWHERE. haha
It was ESecPN
Personally I love the way our traditional uniforms look and I feel like every time we do stuff like this we don't play on all cylinders. Am I wrong? I get SUPER nervous when we roll out alternates