Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Observation, Lack of Speed at WR vs Last Year.

-1 HS
BuckeyeCrusdader's picture
September 10, 2019 at 9:45pm
128 Comments

I could have guessed after the NFL combine that our WR Corp would be slower this year.

Johnnie Dixon 4.41

Terry McLaurin 4.35

Parris Campbell 4.31

Obviously after losing all that speed the wr Corp is likely going to be slower.

Question is how does this affect the offense? I think Victor looks like he has improved tremendously. K.J. Hill is who he is, which is a very solid WR but isn’t a burner. Olave is fast and a good wr but I don’t think he’s a low 4.4 guy. Mack has fought injuries and needs to have himself a game for the confidence building.

Do we have a deep threat? Sometimes a big guy like Victor might be it even if he doesn’t burn people his size and high point ability might make up for the lack of burner speed? Does freshman Jameson Williams develop quickly? He may be the fastest WR on the team. Garett Wilson has solid speed and is amazing at high pointing.

How does it affect the offense if we don’t have a guy who can take the top off or house a crossing route or screen? I think having those type threats really open up the running game.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 128 Comments