Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Brett Cianca Schools Dumb Xichigan Man, Steve Deace (incredible)

+4 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
September 10, 2019 at 4:29am
22 Comments

I don't know why I torture myself by listening to scum podcasts, but it's always fun when dumb michigan men get schooled by their own guests (starts at 23:07 with this hilarious quote from said michigan man referring to scum's offense: "but for me, I think the offense though will take a massive step forward!"

For those of you who can't watch here's the gist:

michigan man lists a bunch of uniformed, inane reasons that Ohio State will not finish in the top 10 (obviously predicting a scum win over us) and even flirts with the possibility of us not ending up in the top 25 because of some asinine statistic he pulls out of his ass.  Honestly this is difficult to listen to - cringeworthy at every level, but please do persist as it's worth it.  Here's the breakdown:

• Urban Meyer was so great that we couldn't possibly continue to win with Day
  • He basically insinuates that Justin Fields is garbage, bases it on the spring game (lol).  Says we'll rely on him to run too much and questions his throwing ability, says he's nowhere as good as Dwayne (obviously not an issue, looks just as good as Dwayne Train)
  • If Fields gets hurt (even went so far as to describe him possibly "blowing a knee or an achiles in week 2") we have nobody behind him (okay, but says it like nobody else could have come to this conclusion)
  • Supposedly our offensive line is going to be bad, will have problems
  • Some other rambling that I can't remember

Oh the kicker is, in all that he explains that if in the Urban Meyer era, if we don't win just 3 games that we actually won, we don't win a single Big 10 championship with Meyer.  What does that even mean?  It's like saying if Alabama doesn't win just 5 games that they won, they don't win a single national championship with Saban. So at about this point my blood is boiling, and this guy to the rescue...

He asks his guest what he thinks about his stupid prediction.  His guest is Brett Cianca, apparently one of the most accurate CFB prognosticators in the last couple years (even better than Steele) according to stassen.  He released a 2019 preview for every team (15 bucks) in july.  Never heard of the guy, but anyway, judging by his response to idiot michigan man, he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

• He correctly predicts that scum's new offense won't be the miracle their hoping for
  • He bats away the notion that a coaching change will affect us much with facts and logic, talking about how it was basically Day who improved on Urban's offense 
  • Points out that we have been top 3 in recruiting in the last 3 years, and so our o-line will be fine
  • Gives an uncanny response regarding the defensive problems, points out the scheme was too complex last year and how he believes the new scheme will fix that, particularly allowing the LB's to play fast and free
  • Agrees that there's some question at QB with Fields, but says he talked to Hartline in the spring who said that Fields was focusing on his passing and trying to avoiding running too quickly (looks like that focus is paying off)

michigan man, after being schooled remarks, "you gave me much more than I bargained for!"

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments