Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

10:32 Left 4Q ... the 40 Yard Pass Play

0 HS
Woody16111's picture
September 1, 2019 at 1:13pm
31 Comments
  • A lot of conversation regarding OSU D giving up yards/points in what some have called 'garbage' time.
  • Fair enough, as I re-watch the game, the big play that sticks out to me was the roughly 40 yard chunk play the D surrendered to FAU early in the 4Q
  • From what I can tell, it looked like we did have some 2nd stringers in the game, and the score was 42-14 so game was in total control
  • In fairness, this is Ohio State, even our second string guys should hold water against FAU, generally speaking.
  • In any event, if you want to concede the point, that the third TD and yards surrendered is no big deal, and the D din't surrender a ton of yards in today's modern game then consider this...
  • The pass play FAU executed was exactly the adjustment needed against the Zone D we now look set to run as a base attack D 
  • FAU seemed to make this adjustment late 1st half, 2nd half and that is when the yardage was gained and 14 of those 21 points.
  • My point, and it's not doomsday but concerning to me given the reputation of the new D guys on the staff, if they made adjustments, to counter FAU's new attack on O it didn't look like it worked.
  • I'm not trying to start an argument or say we are screwed. I'm open to the discussion, hence starting this thread.
  • However, last year we got boat housed on D in epic/historically bad fashion because, there were no to ineffective adjustments, in addition to scheme complexity. 
  • Thoughts? Concerns? Comments. 
  • Go Bucks! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments