Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Beat Cancer - OSU Ticket Donation; Pelotonia

+7 HS
drank1933's picture
August 26, 2019 at 2:15pm
10 Comments

**Update: I was provided 2 Maryland tickets to raffle off!! If anyone is interested in purchasing raffle tickets, please comment below. 1 ticket for $10, 3 for $25! Seats are in 12C.

GO BUCKS! BEAT CANCER!

11w community,

I have a story to share... The beginning of football season is usually an incredibly happy time of year for me. I grew up in a military family and bounced around the world, but even if we weren't always the game we made sure to have a big at-home tailgate every Saturday. My mother in particular always made sure to make it a game-like atmosphere and has even served as the official OSU Alumni game watch location for those near their local military base. She might be a bigger Buckeye fan than I am. Mom lives down south now, but we still Facetime during games each week.

Unfortunately, my mom was just diagnosed with Stage 4 colorectal cancer a few weeks ago. It has been incredibly hard for my family being so far away, and it has certainly put a damper on this season for me. She is actually considering receiving her cancer treatments up here at The James (fingers crossed) which would be a huge help. To lift her spirits, my family is driving down to be with her during the opener against FAU.

One week before I knew about my mom's diagnosis, I rode in Pelotonia for the first time and raised over $2,000 for cancer research at OSU. One of my big fundraisers to get me there was raffling off 2 tickets vs Minnesota last year (the Breast Cancer Awareness game) which helped raise $900. I have no shame in asking any and everyone if they have tickets they would like to donate to help me continue to fight cancer. I will gladly accept any tickets anyone would like to contribute, but the later in the season the better (so I have more time to collect raffle tickets). 

I'm not sure how this works with no direct communications on here*, but I figured I would ask. I will gladly accept any donations, prayers, good vibes, etc. for mom! I'm also happy to provide any info needed to make this happen and prove I'm not some shmuck... I just have seen first hand how beating cancer and OSU football have gone hand in hand.

GO BUCKS! Beat Cancer (and TTUN)!

*There is a way to direct contact, assuming that the user has contact enabled (go to your account, and then Edit). Then there is a check box which allows people to send an email through the site. That allows you to start communications with people.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments