Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Justin Hilliard Article on LGHL

+10 HS
mmp15f's picture
March 13, 2019 at 5:40am
66 Comments

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2019/3/11/18217308/ohio-state-football...

I think this article about Justin Hilliard is definitely worth the read; the author discusses why he feels Hilliard is our best option at middle linebacker this season. 

One of his arguments is essentially that, even though Hilliard may not be spectacular at anything, he looks to be good enough at everything--he's consistent and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. 

He also talks about Hilliard's ability to read and react well, which was something our linebackers often struggled with this season. The article contains a few clips of plays Hilliard made this past season that demonstrated his positive attributes, and the author provides good analysis. 

The Minnesota game showed me that he should've at least been splitting reps with either Werner or Borland last season. I never understood why we barely saw him after that game.

Honestly, I don't think there's enough to say he should be the starting middle linebacker next season at this point in time. However, the author actually makes really good points, and it makes you think about how much Hilliard might've helped on defense last season if he were on the field

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 66 Comments