Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Musings on the Last Seven Years & Today

+5 HS
O-H Kee Pa's picture
December 4, 2018 at 8:42pm
8 Comments

Around this time seven years ago, I wasn’t quite sure what to make of the state of our program and our new hire. I was very well aware of who we had hired; I was a senior at OSU for 41-14, so I knew what Urban was capable of. That said, much of 2012 felt like starting a new grade in school — students and teacher feeling each other out, getting adjusted to new personalities, etc.

As it relates to Urban, I guess when it switched for me was The Game 2012. A group of guys with nothing to play for except pride and a love for OSU capping off a perfect season was evidence of “the Urban effect.”

Since then, I rode the rollercoaster: the missed opportunity of 2015 (it will always sting), Urban going into his playcalling shell, and the ultimate high of 2014. I rationally know that we’re riding the wave of the golden age of OSU Football, and that wave might crash. At times, I certainly didn’t appreciate the full extent of just how good we’ve had it the past couple of years.

We don’t know what the future holds for the program, but I suppose I have a newfound appreciation for each TD and win. College football is fickle, and we of all fan bases are aware of how quickly fortunes can change. My son will be 4 in April, and Ryan Day will most likely be the coach my son grows up with. I look forward to celebrating with him every success that we have under Coach Day.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments