Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

PROPOSAL: The Only Way FORWARD W/this Absurd Committee Structure

+24 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
December 2, 2018 at 1:53pm
89 Comments

I think the debate between OU & OSU was solid and I'm okay with losing out to them even though I think we're better.  We had one bad loss but a lot more quality wins in a better conference/division. Both teams are better than Notre Dame. Putting a two-loss "meh" Georgia team over us is crap. 

Since we're stuck with this crap committee system, we need to immediately play by SEC rules. Here's what we (and any other smart team needs to do):

(1) Play no one of consequence in the non-conference season. Rack up 60plus ppg and get the narrative about how we're unstoppable. Quality non-conference games mean nothing (TCU, for example) to the committee. 

(2) Schedule an FCS team before we play TTUN. Why not rest some guys?

(3) Play an 8-game B1G schedule. Why play any more teams from the West division than we have to? Beating them adds NO value to us. Losing to them kills our season. 

This is how the SEC creates their mystique and stacks the deck for themselves. We can't beat them (in the "narrative" media game). So let's join them in gaming the system until the system changes. 

***BONUS*** We'd get a lot more young players game experience this way. So, I'd rather watch the future play anyway since nothing else matters. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 89 Comments