Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

ESPN's Playoff Predictor Model Has Ohio State with a 71% Chance to Make the Final Four...

+3 HS
kmp10's picture
December 2, 2018 at 11:26am
35 Comments

I'm probably safe in saying that I am the least statistic motivated member of this community, so I'll ask those 11W members (NavyBuckeye91, I'm looking at you) who seem to have a tremendous interest in the stats to explain to me how a 'playoff predictor' works. I saw the 'prediction' earlier this morning on one of the 'College Football Final' airings with Galloway, some other dude I didn't recognize, and Jesse Palmer. I don't remember the other percentages, but the four teams the predictor has in are... Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. Oklahoma, I believe, had a 26% chance, per the ESPN model, of making the playoff. I was multi-tasking while watching this, so I could be confused... expect for the part where an ESPN prediction model gives Ohio State a "71%" shot to get that fourth spot later today. Specific to that, I know what I saw/heard, but I haven't seen it discussed since. Did anyone else see this? Anyone???

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments