Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

5 Star Talent Not Giving 5 Star Effort

+18 HS
brutus0717's picture
September 17, 2018 at 7:20pm
51 Comments

During the Oregon State game a few weeks back, Dremont Jones made a tackle approximately 20 yards downfield and I loved the effort. Amongst all of the offensive fireworks in that game, that might have been my favorite play. Since I DVR all of the games I tend to watch them about 3 times (I work 7p-7a three nights a week, so I have a lot of time on my hands). Overall hustle and effort is something that I've been paying attention to since Dremont's play, and frankly, Chase Young doesn't show a lot of either one. He goes hard while there is an opportunity for a sack or TFL, but once the play is by him, he just shuts it down. On the oppopnents' longer plays, he can be routinely seen lightly jogging down the field behind the play. I figure with all of the shade being thrown at guys lately (Mack, Jordan), this is something that should be pointed out. Just because his talent is out of this world doesn't mean he can't be criticized for poor effort. Thoughts? Has anyone else noticed this?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments