Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Something You May Have Missed From Wednesday..

+4 HS
bucksfan4life's picture
August 4, 2018 at 3:52pm
28 Comments

I took this from Another Forum, but it is a very good post and will make you feel better about the position Ohio State is in currently. It was actually reported on Wednesday by ESPN when this story first broke, but many of us forgot it. From a Bucknuts topic:

UBUCKEYE2 said... (original post)

While the media and social media like the OP is playing armchair attorney, it looks like Ohio State had their ACTUAL compliance attorney involved. I posted this a few days ago but it got overlooked. It sounds like OHIO STATE'S ATTORNEY may have CONTACTED COURTNEY SMITH'S ATTORNEY IN NOVEMBER 2015. I'm sure he advised Ohio State about what the proper reporting procedures were.

"DiHard: What do you know about this? Based in this article it sounds like an attorney associated with Ohio State might have contacted an attorney associated with Courtney Smith in November 2015 about the incident.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24255877/courtney-smith-...

Terry Thomas, an attorney who used to represent Courtney Smith, said Columbus attorney Larry James reached out to him in November 2015 seeking information about the incident between Zach and Courtney Smith. James served as Ohio State's lead counsel to represent student-athletes in NCAA investigations.

"He called me and asked, 'How bad is it?'" Thomas told McMurphy. "I said, 'It's bad.' I assume he wanted the information so he could report this back to his client."

Thomas confirmed the conversation with James to ESPN."

After what we've heard last night from Zach Smith and Meyer, this is very, very relevant as we try to find whatever facts we can.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments