Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Moment You Fell In Love With Ohio State Football

+4 HS
TheCurtain_Guy's picture
August 2, 2018 at 10:55am
39 Comments

Let me start by saying that I realize this is a very chaotic and confusing period of time in Ohio State Football. I am by no means trying to make light of the situation at hand or pretend as if it is not happening at all. I realize the seriousness of the allegations and like many of you, have been tracking down every article and piece of information I can get my hands on in order to better flesh out the story for myself. 

However, I do think that in situations such as this, there needs to be an understanding that there really isn't much that we as fans can do. 

So I wanted to provide a small escape in the Forum section by asking my fellow members when was the moment that you fell in love with Ohio State Football? 

I remember my moment occurred during the TTUN game in 2005. My uncle has thrown some fairly infamous rivalry parties (there have been a few fires started, fist fights, and a random ND fan that just yells obscenities in the corner) and this one was no different. I have to admit that I didn't really pay attention during the first half, and only really was invested after the Buckeyes had fallen behind 21-12. As I watched Troy Smith and company march down the field, score on a slant route to Santonio Holmes (bullshit celebration penalty by the way) and cut the score to 21-19, I could feel the excitement and anxiety start, and it was exhilarating. 

I continued to watch, surrounded by family and friends, as the Ohio State defense rose to the occasion and forced Michigan to punt. I was completely enamored with the way Smith danced around defenders, almost as if he had some aurora that was protecting him. I held my breath along with everyone else when ran forward, stepped back, rolled out and let the ball fly down the field towards Gonzalez. That Gonzo catch and the subsequent score by Antonio Pittman to put the Buckeyes ahead 25-21, was when I knew I wanted to be an Ohio State fan for the rest of my life. 

13 Years after that moment and i'm still going strong! Been some rough games and seasons along the way but even more great games and seasons and I look forwarded to many more in my lifetime! 

So let me hear from you! Take a moment away from the past day's articles and allegations and tell me about the moment or moments you fell in love with the Scarlet and Gray!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments