Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Do Ohio HS Football Coaches Think of Urban and His Nationwide Recruiting Strategy?

+9 HS
dmiller2345's picture
July 9, 2018 at 10:25am
178 Comments

I am hoping one of the Andrew's will chime in, but, everyone is welcome!

I was speaking with a family friend from the Zanesville area who is less than impressed with Urban's recruiting tactics. He is one of those guys who wants more Ohio players on the team regardless of talent. (he was a HUGE Burrow fan and wanted him to be the starter). This guy does travel the state and watch a lot of HS football and he says that many coaches tell him they do not like Urban and if he contacts them about a kid they will tell him to get lost (LOL)! My feeling, and the impression I get from reading the articles that the Andrew's write, is that it is the coaches from lesser schools, that do not put out tOSU, Alabama, ND, Clemson, Georgia, Penn State level talent, who are saying that they dislike Urban and they are just butt-hurt that Urban isn't knocking down their doors for recruits. 

What do you all think? What do you know? I am hoping there is a HS coach lurking in these forums with an opinion.

Thanks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 178 Comments