Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Thoughts on the OH - IO Chant

+2 HS
LilTrautie's picture
June 25, 2018 at 11:54am
126 Comments

Hello friends.

A recent forum post about the perception of our fan base struck a question in my head, and I thought this might be an interesting topic because I’m really not sure if there is a majority opinion on this.

What are your thoughts on the OH-IO chant? No, not the O-H-I-O that the stadium cheers around kickoff. I’m referring to seeing somebody with some sort of Ohio State memorabilia on and shouting an “O-H!” with the hopes of an equally energetic “I-O!” response.

My personal thoughts: It irks me. I think that things like that are why most people find OSU fans annoying. Like on game day on the way to the ‘Shoe I find to be ok, at least most of us here are Buckeye fans and going to see the game (still think it’s cheesy though). However, in every other circumstance I find it extremely cringeworthy. I’m entering into my senior year at The Ohio State University, and have never seen anyone on campus do it.

What are your thoughts? Am I just a spoiled college student that ruins traditions? Or is it common knowledge that this is a loser thing to do? I am open to changing my opinion, let me know!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments