Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why Do We Love Coach Meyer?

+6 HS
hnyg8modonwelfare's picture
June 14, 2018 at 7:19pm
115 Comments

(Aside from the winning of course.)

While we voiced our admiration for Jim Tressel in the other thread, it is equally, if not more important, to show our gratitude to the greatest coach in college football, who happens to be ours in Columbus.

Here is why I love Coach Urban Meyer:

1)  He doesn't bullshit anyone.  When he set foot on campus, contrary to Tressel's nice guy approach, he tells it like it is in most cases.  Whether the wide receiver unit is a clown show, or whether a kid embarrasses his family.  He savagely dismissed an incoming recruit in front of the whole team for being a punk.  He does it to his staff too.  And the honesty has paid off, not to mention given everyone within the program some thicker skin. 

2)  He has a plan other than just to win football games.  He has revamped the football program and upped its appeal by using the booming surrounding economy to attract recruits with diverse opportunities.  I don't know who invented Real World Wednesdays, but what an idea.  Internships!

3)  He's a leader who shows respect, and our players have followed his lead. (knocks on wood.)  The way our players carry themselves in interviews and off of the field is highly impressive to me, compared to past eras.  Our players are well spoken, humble for the most part, show respect, and are likeable.  Part of that comes from who he targets, and part of it comes from Meyer's lead.

How lucky are we to have Tressel and then Meyer? 

Hopefully Meyer coaches another 10 more years in Cbus!! Go Bucks!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 115 Comments