Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who Would You Like to See As Team Captains This Year?

+2 HS
Major H's picture
May 9, 2018 at 2:15pm
60 Comments

Last year there were nine team captains. One QB, two from Zone 6, four D-linemen, 1 O-lineman and one LB. All are gone except for the 2 from Zone 6, McLaurin and Campbell.

What do you think? Do they replace the seven lost with seven more players, thus sticking with nine total?

If so, do four need to be from the D-line? I think Nick Bosa should be one of the captains, in spite what appears to be a pretty quiet demeanor. For heart and soul, I feel B.B. Landers is deserving. Dre'Mont Jones isn't far behind, either.

I feel it is a given that your field general (QB) should be a captain. So Haskins is my pick.

O-line should have a representative and I think Michael Jordan is a lock and possibly Prince.

I think Mike Weber, as senior statesman in the RB room is worth considering. And a DB should be in the mix as well.

Looking at these guys, all could be gone next year, so how about some underclassmen? Okudah, Young and Browning are all considerations, but wait, that’s 11 captains and that’s too much.

So where do you draw the line and who are your picks? I know this is academic and that what we think doesn’t mean squat, but, it is the offseason, so anything is possible!

Edit: Corrected total at 11 not 13.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments