Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Making College Football Better

+3 HS
bakerjon's picture
April 19, 2018 at 6:08pm
19 Comments

https://247sports.com/Article/10-rule-changes-that-would-make-college-fo...

Interesting article on 247 about possible changes to rules to improve the college sport. 

Several of these I had not thought of, but they make a lot of sense upon reading. 
I totally agree with #6 Standardize a Concussion Protocol. It's kids safety and we should have a reasonable standard. 

#10 I'm not on board with unless you also gave a 2min warning like NFL. That's a great clock management tool for the end of the game. I think there needs to be something other than going out of bounds that helps make the end of half/game more exciting helping the offense. 

#5 I'm surprised the NCAA has tabled recently. I thought this was a good idea, but I think 4 games might be too much. I could see coaches put your freshmen on Special Teams during games that are decided before players step on the field and get them a ton of experience and not cost them. I think that belies the spirit of the rule. Give them 2 games maybe. 

Thoughts about these rule change ideas?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments