1. No independents in FBS - either you are in a conference and follow their governance or you fall to the FCS automatically
2. NCAA mandates the number of in conference games required and it matches across conferences. I believe this number should be 8
3. Eliminate 1 regular season game based on #2 taking that number to 11
4. Expand the playoffs to 8 teams with automatic bids for conference champs and 3 at large.
5. Expand scholarship limits to 90. The top end teams will be playing more games, which leads to a 13th, 14th or 15th game for some teams who play in conference championships as well. Having more players on a team is a safety issue help that should be addressed with this many games for these kids.
And now for some subtleties
6. Move the hashmarks to match the NFL.
7. 2 stage facemask call - 5 for unintentional and 15 for intentional/PF
8. Allow for a longer extra point of say, 45 yards, that awards 2 points. Move the PAT back like the NFL also. There is no excitement in that part of the game. Getting a 2pt conversion is rare and exciting, but I think having a guy hit a 45 yarder to win the game by 1 is also very exciting.