Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Denzel Ward To Make Final Pre-Draft Visit To Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Dan Hope's picture
April 15, 2018 at 12:20pm
3 Comments

Former Ohio State cornerback Denzel Ward has had a busy itinerary in the weeks leading up to the NFL draft, already visiting five teams with picks in the top 12 overall selections of the draft, but he's scheduled to visit one more before next week's draft.

According to NFL.com's Nick Shook, Ward will make his final pre-draft visit this week with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who hold the No. 7 overall pick.

While Ward's past couple weeks have taken him all over the country, as he has also visited the Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears, San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills, he told Shook that he is enjoying the process.

"It's been a childhood dream of mine to be here, so that's kind of why I feel like it's been so smooth, because I've been enjoying the whole process, not trying to hurry up and get to the draft or get to the next thing," Ward told NFL.com. "I'm just focusing on what I've got to handle on the first day. Like if I've got to meet with the Buccaneers today or whatever team it may be, I'm just trying to enjoy that day and meet the coaches and everything and just enjoy my time going through this process."

As seen in our latest Mock Draft Roundup, Ward is unanimously projected to be a top-15 pick in this year's draft, which begins April 26 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments