Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2014 CFP Championship Team Hypothetical Draft

+3 HS
Brohio's picture
February 22, 2018 at 6:54pm
47 Comments

If you could draft 1 player from the 2014 CFP Championship team to the 2018 team, based on 2018 position need, who do you pick and why?

I went back and forth between Devin Smith, Taylor Decker, Vonn Bell and Darron Lee but in the end, I'm gonna go with Devin Smith. We have a ton of receivers coming back and I don't think any have proven to be a reliable deep threat. I think Cardale and Haskins have a similar pedigree and without Devin Smith making miracles out of some underthrown/ill advised passes in the final 3 games of 2014, I think 12 Gauge's legacy could have turned out to be very different. If Haskins is indeed the guy in 2018 which it seems he will be until we see what happens this spring, than I believe WR position is going to be the most important it has been in the Meyer era. And for anyone saying "WTF? Joey Bosa? Zeke Elliott? Hello?!", with Chase Young and Nick Bosa both back, and Dobbins and Weber both back, I couldn't take Joey Bosa or Zeke because there are bigger holes and talent dropoff elsewhere. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments