Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Any Worries about the Defensive Backfield?

+2 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
January 23, 2017 at 5:30pm
57 Comments

I know I shouldn't be considering recent history, but I can't help but worry about the state of the backfield in '17.  We have a ton of talent, but most of it is unproven with very little to no PT. 

Unless I am forgetting someone, our most experienced returners consist of Webb, Ward and Arnette.  Unless we see a Conley, MSU '14 to Conley lockdown corner '15 kind of turnaround, all three of these guys are susceptible to getting beat pretty regularly. I am not trying to dog on any of them, but the fact is atm, I don't see any returner with experience who approaches Conley / Lattimore / Hooker level play back there.  There is Smith but hasn't played / has been injured.  Who else?

Of course, those guys could make huge leaps in development, we saw it with Conley.  And the talent coming in from the last two classes is unaparraleled and could potentially contribute right away.  Those are a lot of maybe's though.  A bit too many for my liking...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments