Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is coaching style leading to big program turnover?

+1 HS
SuperFanBuck's picture
January 8, 2017 at 11:55am
94 Comments

This is a hypothetical question, I am not assuming anything or claiming to know one way or the other here, but all the departures have made me curious.  Do you think Urban's coaching style or by particular staff members are leading to the huge amount of turnover within the program?  Is it a cultural thing making players not want to stick around?  What are your opinions on this?  

I know with Tress we had quite a few early departures but it wasn't nearly this bad.  Now, I also realize we are recruiting at a higher level which obviously leads to higher ranked players who have the ability to leave which certainly adds to it.  But this season and last, we have experienced more and more guys leaving that nobody even really considered.  Each players situation is different with family circumstances, needing money, etc....but it seems like it's getting extreme.  Interested to see what fellow 11W members think.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 94 Comments