College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Jabrill Peppers (Post-Game Altercation Follow-Up?)

+6 HS
doodah_man's picture
November 27, 2016 at 6:54pm
177 Comments

Ok, am I missing something? With the B1G penalty of Hairball and Saturday's OT win make no mistake, I am not piling on a team when it is down (and it has been down for years). Why is it that Jabrill Peppers, in pads and helmet, punches a student in the mouth, it is all videoed, it is witnessed and broken up by Kerry Coombs, and there is so far NOTHING. NOTHING.

Don't tell me the kid was mouthing off (no matter what he may have said about Pepper's mom, there was no excuse). He barely had enough time to say, "nice game". I can assume  it was loud enough under that helmet that Peppers couldn't hear anything anyway. It looked as though Peppers was venting his frustration on some kids face.

I think this calls, from an athletic standpoint, for Peppers being eliminated for any bowl play. I think, from a criminal standpoint, it is assault and if it isn't being investigated by the Franklin County DA, it should be. From a civil standpoint, if I were  the victim, I would be shopping for lawyers.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 177 Comments