Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Do we start watching film and preparing for Clemson?

+2 HS
troyciceronotsmith's picture
November 27, 2016 at 10:44am
56 Comments

I think the only spot open left is the #4 team in the playoff. Barring Conf. Championship losses, the top 3 teams are solidified where they are: 1. Bama 2. Bucks 3. Clemson. That sets us up against Clemson for the semifinal. We get an extra week of preparation considering we don't play in our Conf. Championship game. 

I go to Clemson but I am a proud Buckeye here and I always will be. I am excited for this match up against them. I watch and know Clemson's football team just as much as Ohio State. I was still in high school when we lost in the Orange Bowl to them I am still unhappy about that loss. Aside from the loss against Penn State this year, that is the only loss we haven't avenged.

That Clemson loss was the final straw after that horrific defensive year thanks to our D Coordinators in 2013. Since then, we have had, in many of our opinions, one of the best if not THE best defenses in college football which have led us to a 37-3 record with 4 post season wins including a National Championship since then.

Clemson is a team with great skill on offense and a great defensive line, specifically their interior. Their weakness I think lie in their pass defense and offensive line. I also don't think that they have played a team as complete as ours in 2 years. If we play a clean game and execute on offense, I don't think this game will be close (we can say that about any game), and if we don't I think it will be closer than it should be and want it to be. 

Segwaying into the purpose of this post, I think any extra time for preparation would be vital to our entire team, but especially to our offense. Do we use this extra week of practice and preparation to start preparing for Clemson?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments