Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Etiquette Question RE TTUN

+11 HS
EZE4TD's picture
November 21, 2016 at 7:35pm
117 Comments

I am being totally serious in asking this. Tonight we went out to dinner, and my son was sitting there wearing an OSU shirt. A family was walking out, and the wife said, "Go blue." The bumbling husband was confused as to why she was saying it, then saw Griffin's shirt (yes, he's named after Archie) and, I guess playfully, said, "Oh yeah. Go blue." I looked him in the eye, and in all sincerity told him to drop dead, and went back to my food. My wife got mad and said I needed to lighten up. 

I didn't seek him out. We don't have a relationship. He chose to interrupt my dinner. What if I walked up to another table and said something that could be taken as offensive to people based on race or religion or illness or whatever. If I did that, even if I were joking, and they got offended, and told me to piss off, I would have deserved it.

So I know I was an ass, but was I wrong? Do I need to lighten up?

To all the Buckeyes who say they want a strong @ichigan team to keep the rivalry going, I have to say I am much happier when they are going 7-6 and their fans are too embarrassed to open their yaps. Right now they're back to thinking they are god's gift to football. Here's to Urban and the boys putting them back in their place. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 117 Comments