Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This is exactly why it should be 8 teams

+2 HS
cmillertime247's picture
November 13, 2016 at 10:26am
183 Comments

The current Ohio State situation is exactly why the playoff needs to be 8 teams. Just like last year we learn that one close loss can keep a team that could easily contend for the NC out of the playoff. Any great team can have one off game and if one loss keeps you out of your conference championship I think that speaks to how competitive your side of the conference is compared to how good of a team you actually have on a national level. 

I also find it funny how in the previous two season Bama can have one loss and easily walk into the final four. I think we can see that the Big10 East is quickly becoming the toughest side of any conference across college football. Just imagine if Michigan St was the team that they usually are, the East could easily have 4 teams that could contend for a NC. Anyway let's hope the committee gets it right and can see if Ohio St wins out they deserve to be in, with or without the Big10 title. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 183 Comments