Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Defensive weaknesses getting exploited

+9 HS
steve-OH's picture
October 29, 2016 at 11:30pm
92 Comments

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to x's & o's or game planning, so I'd be interested to hear some other input but it seems as the season has progressed our defensive weaknesses get more obvious and then exploited more and more.

Our linebacker play seems to be lacking in run stopping. They're constantly out of position and getting sucked inside only to get burned by the RB or make for an easy block. It seems everyone was worried about the d-line with run stopping but the LB's are the ones I'm disappointed in. Seems to be more glaring each week.

Also (I realize I'm not the first to say it), Webb and Arnette are getting exploited like the fat slow kid on the junior high soccer team. Our secondary is great outside of these guys and other teams draw up plays all game long to put them in situations against their prime players. It seems if we really don't have someone better to play that we could scheme differently and not leave these guys on an island to get burned over and over.

Am I off base or does it seem like these 2 weaknesses have grown as they've gotten noticed by opposing teams and coaches?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments