Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Friday January 3rd 2003 - - - Friday January 1st 2016 - - - Buckeye Magic ???

0 HS
Bucknutzone's picture
December 3, 2015 at 10:27pm
13 Comments

It seems like in the past decade and a half, a lot of Ohio State title games end up being on the dreaded Monday night schedule or some other less desired day where most of us work the next day.    

Well, this year the timing may be similar to 2003 when we took it to Miami on a Friday night and on into Saturday well beyond midnight.

Does anyone remember the magic of that night 2003?   The game was a marathon event that spanned two calendar days.   I remember friends and neighbors in Ohio that were not even Ohio State Football fans tuning into the entire game due to it's nail biting battle.    Actually, people all over the place.

AND HOW ABOUT all the post game phone calls we all made to our fellow Buckeye fans to talk about that double overtime unbelievable victory.   I know I spoke to my dad, mom, brother and uncle.  If you had call waiting, your phone was constantly getting simultaneous calls from fellow Buckeye fans.  Instant social media did not exist at that time, so everyone was up well into Saturday due to the excitement and adrenalin rush calling each other.   Never seen anything like it.   1968 to 2003 was a lot of pent up energy for Buckeye Nation just waiting to explode.

Will the Buckeyes make it into the final four playoff?  Or could we possibly land another exciting Friday night date at the Rose Bowl.    

I prefer the dreaded Monday night Championship game.   But will make the best of a Friday night date if invited.

It's great to be a "BUCKEYE"

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments