Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Do you think for one minute the coaches thought they were going to lose to MSU during the game?

0 HS
BuckShotGinn's picture
December 2, 2015 at 10:12am
29 Comments

Tell me if I am making sense or this is just bitter and weak excuse making:

My main premise is that I don't think the coaches thought for one minute that they were in danger of losing this game until the last 2 minutes.

I keep thinking they saw this as a chess match that they would inevitably win, either in regulation or OT - which they had done so many times in the past.  

They put too much emphasis on not turning the ball over due to the weather.  We never trailed once, but if we did I am sure the coaches would have opened up the passing plays more and the calls would be a bit more aggressive and creative.

My overall point is that the popular narrative that MSU defense just completely dominated us and we couldn't do a thing about it is vastly overstated in my opinion. There was never a time in regulation when we "had to score".  The OSU coaches knew this win was in the bag for them .... until it wasn't.

Is this fair rehashing or are you going to report me to the humane society animal cruelty  department for beating this dead horse? :-)   

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments