Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Can We Talk About B1G Division Alignment?

0 HS
lljjgg's picture
November 28, 2015 at 7:33pm
21 Comments

I know this is a non-topic among OSU fans if OSU won last week against MSU, but this has been two seasons in a row where arguably the two best teams in the B1G aren't playing each other in the B1G Championship Game. Iowa went undefeated, which is definitely respectable, but does anyone here think Iowa escapes a B1G regular season without at least two losses if they had to play against UM, MSU, and OSU? Their schedule was beyond weak.

I still don't understand what the thinking was behind putting the three best teams in the B1G in one division (not to mention PSU, who is frequently the 4th best team in the conference when they are being coached properly). Arguably cost MSU a chance at the playoffs last year (is there anyone who believes that 11-3 Wisconsin team was better than that 11-2 MSU team last year?), definitely cost OSU a chance at the playoffs this year. There's no doubt it'll cost one of the big 3 (OSU, UM, MSU) a chance in the next few seasons. 

I get it, just win all of your games and it doesn't matter. Yet, I can't think of another conference where a 1 loss defending champion isn't in contention for the playoffs. Really think the B1G has hurt itself here by creating a division alignment that eliminates your 2nd best team. Am I just being a baby? I feel like it is a genuine issue, and it was actually one I saw coming when they first moved from the Leaders and Legends alignments.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments