Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

PLAN B -- WE NEED A MICHIGAN STATE BLOWOUT OVER PENN STATE

0 HS
Bucknutzone's picture
November 28, 2015 at 6:53pm
62 Comments

Watching the playoff picture take shape and here is what I think will get Ohio State back into the final four.

First, from a playoff committee's viewpoint.   The Buckeyes dismantled a great TUN.   Remember they (TTUN) had 3 shutouts this year, had the Mich St. game won.   You don't go into Ann Arbor and embarrass a team the way Ohio State did.   This was not a last second field goal win.   This was a 100% dominant play all game long.   A close second to the way Ohio State dominated Wisconsin 59-0 last year.   Absolutely ran the ball down at will on offense and smashed TTUN on defense as well.

This scenario warrants two big 10 teams playing for the national title.

The playoff committee will have to reward us in some way for this dominant performance as long as the following scenario plays out.

Michigan State needs to crush Penn St. and then go on to crush Iowa.   Thus knocking Iowa out of the top four and solidifying Michigan State as a top two team in the playoffs.   With that said the last second field goal win over Ohio State reinforces how closely matched Ohio State and Michigan State are.   Remember Sparty's only loss was a controversial "out of bound receiver" issue.

Clemson had trouble today against South Carolina and in my opinion is shaping up for a loss against a very good North Carolina team.    Oklahoma soundly beats Oklahoma State.    Notre Dame loses to Stanford and Stanford loses championship game.   Florida loses to Florida State but then Florida barely beats Alabama in the SEC championship.

1. Michigan State (Knocks out Iowa with a dominant win) ---  final record --- 12-1

2. Oklahoma --- final record --- 12-1

3. North Carolina --- final record 12-1 (Upsets Clemson)    or   Florida if they win next 2

4. Ohio State --- final record 11-1

5. Clemson --- final record 12-1( Huge upset loss to North Carolina)

6. Florida --- final record 11-2 (Loses to Florida St. beats Alabama in SEC title game)

7.  Notre Dame --- final record 10-2 (Loses to Stanford)

8. Alabama --- final record 11- 2 ( Loses to Florida)

9.  Stanford --- final record 10 - 3 (Loses championship game)

Well, when I first started typing this,  Michigan State was up by 2 scores.   Now I look up and it's 55 - 16.

GO BUCKS!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments