Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Fans Upset at Black Jerseys

0 HS
Buckeye in SEC Territory's picture
October 2, 2015 at 1:09pm
165 Comments

Fellow Eleven Warriors:

I'd like to offer this piece of perspective. How many times has our iconic stadium been renovated and changed since it was built? Too many to count. The stadium was closed in, the field replaced with artificial turf, the track was removed, the press box was added, lights were added, a jumbo screen added and replaced, the student section moved around, additional screens added, and more. And yet, it's still beloved as a 'classic and iconic' stadium.

How many times have the jerseys and equipment changed since the 1800s? Countless times.

The point is, modifications can happen. It doesn't make the team no longer OSU. 

If you don't like the black jerseys, that's ok. You're entitled to your opinions and encouraged here to promote them. But remember tradition and history doesn't mean avoiding all change forever. And Ohio State isn't giving up its classic look forever, its for 60 minutes in a year. 

I personally don't love the alternatives. But I'm glad they athletic department is willing to experiment for the sake of staying relevant, exciting, and exciting. If you want OSU to continue to have a healthy recruiting and media presence, it helps to have an engaged and bold athletic department willing to take risks to improve the program. 

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your feedback and passion.

(P.S. Black is an official color of OSU. So the jersey actually is upholding a tradition of using official colors) 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 165 Comments