Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Connor Cook, Nice Guy

0 HS
bakerjon's picture
May 11, 2015 at 6:43pm
77 Comments

So I live in San Diego. While walking around Pacific Beach yesterday I saw some guys slinging a football around that looked like they knew what they were doing. It was Connor Cook (MSU) and Brandon Harris (LSU), who we recruited pretty hard. I stopped and talked to them for a bit. Connor is a super nice guy. We talked football for a little bit. He hates Harbaugh already and doesn't think he'll make a difference in their relevance any time soon. 

I told him I'm a Buckeyes fan. He laughed. Said their defense sucked against us last season. I poked him about it. We agreed it's a great rivalry right now back and forth with winning each year. He's excited to play in the 'Shoe. He hasn't played there since a High School All-Star game (he's from Hinkley). 

Turns out both guys are here to work with George Whitfield. Cook's sister lives at PB, so they are staying with her for the week. 

Cook said I'm the nicest Buckeye fan he's ever met. He gets heckled on Twitter and in person harder by OSU fans than anyone. And just stupid stuff for no reason. That's a shame. I hate to see us have a bad rap, especially when he's such a nice dude. 

He asked if we wanted a picture. Since he's likely a first or second round draft pick next year, of course I said, yes.

Me and Connor Cook

He wanted me to put a caption of "Go Green, but nah.  Go Bucks!!!.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments