Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Really Good or Really Lucky?

0 HS
73buckeye's picture
February 13, 2015 at 11:50am
53 Comments

I've watched almost 50 years of OSU football and had the pleasure of only seeing 2 national championships (imagine how happy a TTUN fan would be saying that!!!) until this improbable year. In that time, I've also seen literally dozens of Buckeye teams with the talent to win it all, but for a myriad of reasons, fell short of the goal. Those years of disappointment convinced me that a team needed all the breaks, and all the talent, plus a good portion of luck to win it all. The 2014 Buckeyes threw that out the window. This team lost tremendous talent on the offensive line, linebacker, and defensive backfield, suffered debilitating injuries to their 2 starting quarterbacks  players, lost arguably their best defensive lineman to suspension, and the tragic death of a teammate. Hardly the definition of "all the breaks and good portion of luck", huh? Has there ever been another Nat'l Champ season like this? I can't remember one.

I'd like to hear what others think was the difference between this and all the others before it. Talent? Coaching? Karma?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 53 Comments