Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

F/+ ratings

0 HS
novabuckeye's picture
January 10, 2015 at 4:57pm
16 Comments

My first ever forum, so hopefully I'm not duplicating another post or otherwise doing something wrong.  I've been checking out the Football Outsiders F/+ ratings.  As many of you may know, Ohio State ended up ranking #1 and Oregon #2 (with Alabama #3 and FSU #10).  If you look at the overall, offensive, and defensive ranks of the teams both Oregon and Ohio State have played, Oregon's schedule looks a bit better, but if you look at the top five teams each school faced, Ohio State clearly had the tougher opponents.  Ohio State's offense faced the 2, 4, 10, 18 and 23 ranked defenses, for an average ranking of 11.4.  Oregon's offense faced the 7, 21, 23, 30 and 35 ranked defenses, for an average ranking of 23.2.  Ohio State's defense faced the 4, 12, 15, 18 and 27 ranked offenses, for an average ranking of 15.2.  Oregon's defense faced the 6, 8, 12, 33 and 33 (Arizona twice) ranked offenses, for an average ranking of 18.4.  So Ohio State's offense has played significantly better defenses than Oregon's, while our defense played slightly better offenses than Oregon's did.  That gives me added confidence the Buckeyes will prevail!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments