Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer and CoY Awards

0 HS
MN Buckeye's picture
January 4, 2015 at 8:28pm
9 Comments

It is still unbelievable to me that Urban did not win the B1G Coach of the Year. Don't get me wrong, Jerry Kill has done a tremendous job turning around the Gopher program, but no coach has done a better job in the B1G that Urban. I realize that this simply keep alive the tradition of OSU coaches not winning it, but the reasons elude me. I hear that Harbough has already won the award for 2015.

And Urban deserves the National Coach of the Year (the Bear Bryant) Award, as well. No coach has built his team, developed coaches and players, managed the program, inspired leadership, and overcome adversity like Meyer. Interestingly, Tressel is the only OSU coach (2002) that has won the award, and Saban won it in 2003 while at LSU. The list since then includes Tommy Tuberville, Mark Mangino, and Mike Gundy, who I consider average-to-good, but not great, coaches; at least they had one good season but not lasting success.

Whether or not we win next Monday, and I predict that we will win 41-0, Urban has earned the national CoY award. Urban has created a culture at Ohio State that has brought us to this moment, and I am damn glad that he is the face of OSU football, 'making the great state of Ohio proud'.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments