Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

So what if Cardale goes pro, and JT and Braxton are both unable to overcome their respective injuries by Fall of 2015?

0 HS
ScarletGray43157's picture
January 4, 2015 at 2:26pm
49 Comments

I have seen other posters on 11W say that Cardale Jones is going to go pro.  I heard a commentator on 700 WLW the other day say that it is a certainty that Cardale will go pro after the CG is over.  I can certainly see the potential in Cardale to play in the NFL but he is raw talent at this point in time.  I understand that if the NFL is willing to pay him then he might consider going but if he wants to excel in the NFL he still has a lot of growth to go as a player.  

There is a real possibility that Braxton Miller will not be able to recover completely enough from his injury to pass the football in the way he would need to in order to play QB in the B1G let alone the NFL.  

There is a lesser possibility that JT Barrett would not be able to recover from his injury to play at the level he did prior to the injury, or that he would not fully recover in time to play at that level in 2015.  

So if Cardale Jones goes pro and Braxton and JT cannot go, all of a sudden OSU has a Redshirt Freshman QB who is untested and some true Freshman to compete for backup position, or maybe a True Freshman who grabs the starting position.  

In my opinion it would be better if Cardale Jones is playing at OSU next year.  As long as he avoids injury in the title game he is in position to be the starting QB, and it is possible that JT and Brax won't be healthy enough to challenge by the time football comes around again in 2015.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments