Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Just Rewatched...

0 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
January 4, 2015 at 1:43pm
57 Comments

Been traveling over the holidays and just got a chance to rewatch the game.. thoughts:

1. Cardale is the real deal, period.  I remember a knock on him was his accuracy, but I have seen zero indication of any accuracy issue.  The guy puts it on em and gets its there in .0000001 seconds.

2. Cardale got moves.  Those runs were beauties, esp the one third down where he juked the LB out of his shoes in the hole on the way to a 25+ yrd gain.  Dudes are scared to tackle our QB when he puts his shoulder down. 

3.  Keep Jalin in, period.  I know we have another highly recruited guy at that position, but this dude is a baller.  Runs great mid routes, finds the soft spots, catches everything and has the speed to make defenders look silllllly.  One of my top 3 current players.

4.  This game broke on a few plays that went relatively unnoticed.  On the ensuing drive after going down 21-6, I don't remember exactly but there was something that kept that drive alive deep in our territory, otherwise, we would have had to punt it back to them and that 14 pt swing before half doesn't happen.  There was also a big drop by one their receivers to kill one of their drives when they were down 6 and driving.  And there was also a dropped INT that I bet CY Jones is still dreaming about.

5.  Our running game is unstoppable.  Putting up 280 on a team that allows 88 per game is just crazy.  Our running game and the resulting ball control is the reason we will be bringing back another Natty this year.

All in all this game ranks about 4th in my all time favorites:

1. 02 Natty

2. #1 OSU vs #2 UM

3. #1 OSU vs #2 Texas

4. 2014 Sugar Bowl vs Alabama

5. 2014 Wisconsin 59-0 beating

We are not losing to Oregon.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments