Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Cardale Jones' NFL future

0 HS
HolyBuckeye1093's picture
January 3, 2015 at 6:17pm
49 Comments

I'm sure by now you are all sick of the Braxton transfer threads but I would like to bring another discussion to the table. 

1. Let's say Cardale goes out on the 12th, plays great, and leads OSU to the National Title.

2. And let's say that JT and Braxton both stay and come back 100% healthy. Is it safe to assume that either Braxton or JT will be first on the depth chart when fall camp rolls around? If that is the case, this may be Cardale's last significant playing time of his OSU career.

3. Many NFL scouts think Cardale is the best pro prospect of the three and love his measurables and arm strength. 

So here's the question. Knowing the points I made above, could it be possible that Cardale could declare for the NFL Draft with the memory of his National Championship game victory fresh in everyone's minds? His stock may never be higher for NFL scouts than it would be if he plays great on the 12th. He could risk getting stuck behind Braxton and JT again and the memory of that game will be a distant pass.

Your thoughts Buckeye Nation?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments