Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Raekwon in Sugar Bowl

0 HS
JerseyMike's picture
December 15, 2014 at 7:50pm
27 Comments

Fellow Bucks fans,

Allow me to introduce myself, I spend an obscene amount on this website during work hours, but have never posted in the forums.

While watching The Game on Big 10 replay in 60, I saw Raekwon Mcmillan lining up on the edge.  During the second quarter he was spelling Grant for a drive at ILB, but on passing situations he was lined up on the edge as a rusher.  Now I get that as a LB he will move around to blitz different gaps, but he was really a stand up OLB rusher.

For the Sugar Bowl, I want #5 on the field as much as possible.  Our defense lacks an explosive D end on the other side of Bosa, and more importantly our entire Dline platoon plays too many snaps.  Against Bama, our team cannot afford to get worn down physically, it's exactly what Alabama does better than anyone else.  I would love to see Raekwon on the field rushing the QB in passing downs at OLB/defensive end/seek and destroy the QB.  He's athletic enough to chase Sims when the pocket breaks, and I think the way he attacks contact and blows things up will deter their rhythm.

Do you think this is something the coaches have discussed?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments