Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Player or the Game?

0 HS
BuckeyeInBadgerLand's picture
December 11, 2014 at 9:43am
6 Comments

After some extensive reflection, I've realized that my hatred when it comes to college football has been building ever since that fateful night in 2007. I originally thought I hated teams, but now I realize that I don't hate teams: I hate spectators. 

I don't hate Bama. I hate Harvey Updike and scores of other Bama fans who appear to be such one-dimensional human beings that their whole existence can be summed up with "Roll Tide."

I don't hate Tennessee. I hate the fan base that claims every SEC win because they can't get enough wins on their own.

I don't hate Michigan State. I hate that ESPN feels the need to compare them to an SEC defense rather than one with a great scheme and great players to execute it.

I don't hate Stanford. I hate the expression "Stanford football."

I don't hate Florida. I hate that Urban Meyer is vilified by an ungrateful fan base despite bringing them two national titles. 

I don't hate the SEC. I hate the media's love affair with them and the pre-season rankings that accompany.

Finally, my hatred for Jameis Winston is pale in comparison to my hatred for Tallahassee for creating a win-at-all-costs culture and doesn't even have the decency to hide it. 

So on January 1, I will try to watch the game for what it is: two great teams with two great coaching staffs playing in what might be a contest for the ages. 

Oh...except Michigan. I don't like them at all.

Rant over.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments