Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Coach Meyer's best game as Ohio State's Head Coach

0 HS
m4's picture
June 13, 2014 at 5:58pm
11 Comments

Coach Meyer's best game as Ohio State's Head Coach without a doubt in my opinion was the Nebraska game of 2012. The game was televised by ABC in prime time, and had a great announcing crew of Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge. There were a lot of targeted recruits on hand for the game, and the game itself had a lot of electricity in it. The buckeyes were behind at one point in the game 24-14 and it appeared that they might lose the game, but Coach Meyer pulled out all of the stops. He and Coach Herman called reverses, screens, slants, and passed the ball for long completions in running situations. The Nebraska defense was so confused until it did not have a clue.

There was even a kick return or a punt return for a touch down by Corey (Philly Brown), and there was also an interception returned for a touch down by Bradley Robey. The game had everything you could ask for, Coach Meyer did not hold anything back. I remember when the score was 56-38 in favor of OSU and the buckeyes had the ball with less than a minute left in the game, and instead of Braxton Miller taking a knee he handed the ball to Carlos Hyde and he ran it 16 yards into the in zone for a touch down. The final score was Ohio State 63, Nebraska 38. That was one hell of a game.  I thought Coach Meyer was going to do the same in Big Ten Championship game but it was just not to be. Since the Nebraska game in my opinion, Coach Meyer has become a little more conservative. I wander did someone accuse him of running the score up. Whatever it was his best game thus far. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments