Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

IF YOU HAD YOUR FIRST CHANCE EVER TO SEE A GAME IN OHIO STADIUM IN 2014, WHICH WOULD YOU ATTEND?

0 HS
CGroverL's picture
May 1, 2014 at 10:51am
53 Comments

I'm 41 years old, have a wife that is 49, and a son that is 30 with disabilities (Down's Syndrome and pacemaker), and I recently lost my mother. I was born in Dayton, Ohio, in 1973 but have always bled scarlet and gray for as long as I can remember. I'd like to see the Buckeyes play this season with my family. Act like you are me, and listen to my story...then please give me your honest suggestion of what you would do if you were me.

I live in Florida, and will be driving to Columbus (the game doesn't necessarily have to be a home game, but I do want to experience Buckeye Nation at its best). Now, I realize that most of you will just say "SEE M*CH*GAN". However, I'd rather see this game earlier than later unless seeing TTUN in the 'Shoe is really the way to go. I really don't care which game I go to, but with my short amount of knowledge, I wouldn't even know where to buy tickets....which I would like to spend $500/each or less on (honestly though, I'm not really looking for great seats as getting ketchup spilled on my hat on accident from the guy above me would make my scream "Go Buckeyes" and possibly would make me feel as if I'm part of the Nation...that is more important to me than great seats, but I would like for my son who is 5'4" to see the game as well as possible). I've been to just 3 college football games in my life and those games were all in Orlando's Florida Citrus Bowl and featured Mississippi State/Florida, Virginia Tech/Florida State, and the Citrus Bowl game between Clemson/California....all of those games were in 1991/1992, when I was 18 years old. I wasn't even old enough to drink yet.

So...if you can take all of the info that I have given and then suggest which game to attend whether your reason be saving $1,000, being at a day game or a night game, or any other reasons, even if they are petty reasons to you...I'd like to hear it all. If you think I should try to get tickets to Navy and miss the 'Shoe completely for some reason, please tell me. All responses will be read and taken seriously.

If it matters....What happened is this: I lost my Mom on April 5th. She always wanted me to be able to see my beloved Buckeyes play...but I was last in Columbus when I went to the zoo at age 4 and I want to have the time that I missed from NOT living in Ohio and NEVER having the money to plan this kind of thing. Please help me out from pre-game things to do the night before (if things like that exist?) to game day rituals that might include running down Woody Hayes Dr. naked at 8 a.m. If your ride to and from the game was taken care of already (I'm driving from Daytona Beach, Florida) and you had around $3,500 to spend on the game alone (I don't have to spend it all, I'm just giving you a budget of sorts), which means that I DON'T WANT to spend that all on the game as I'd like to buy my family and I some souvenirs and eat breakfast with the staff of 11W (if something like that was available)........My point is just that I would like someone to map out a night and day in Columbus including a Buckeye game, THE WAY THAT THEY WOULD DO IT...if they could do it on around $4,000 and make it unforgettable. If someone from 11W does help me out with this and all seems kosher...I promise to make a REAL donation to 11W, the best Buckeye site on the planet (if a few hundred dollars is considered a decent amount for you guys to be my personal tour guides without actually taking me anywhere).

Thank you, 11W. I appreciate it and consider it a privilege to be a part of the Nation. I realize that this isn't the best place for this, but I trust Buckeye Nation like I trust family and we can only talk about the Navy game and the Midshipmen with their "flexbone" offensive attack so much, right? This is my first blog, too, SO PLEASE CUT ME A LITTLE SLACK for being someone that gets paid for sticking their hands in SEC fan's toilets for a living. Thanks. Go Buckeyes!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 53 Comments