Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Amir Williams

0 HS
polarbuck's picture
February 4, 2015 at 8:40pm
53 Comments

As I'm sitting here basking in the glow of National Signing Day and watching the Buckeyes play against Purdue, I can't help but think that Amir Williams is the worst big man I have ever seen play for Ohio State. I'm 41 and I've watched a lot of Buckeye basketball and he is just awful. No effort, no fundamental understanding of how to play the game, and doesn't seem to care. He is suppose to be a shot blocker, but I have watched Purdue's players routinely go by him for easy lay-ups. While AJ Hammon has made life very difficult the Buckeyes at the rim with multiple blocks, changing shots, and owning the paint. Not to mention the other Purdue big man who has consistently bullied the Buckeye big men in the paint. I would take Bill Robinson, Grady Mateen, Terrence Dials, Treg Lee, Perry Carter over Amir even at their current age and fitness level.I personally cannot wait till his career is over and I don't have to get sick to my stomach watching him play. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 53 Comments