Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Your Thoughts On The Indiana Game

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
January 25, 2015 at 6:06pm
15 Comments

Wow! That was a great game to watch. Back and forth and then we pull away late, but not too far to settle the nerves. A much needed win for the Buckeyes.

Indiana shot well, but I was amazed at how little their two forwards Hartman and Williams shot. They were 9-10 combined with Hartman 5-6 from behind the arc. I will attribute it to good defense by the Buckeyes that they didn't get more looks.

Ferrell was his usual makes-me-want-to-curse self and even though Blackmon didn't shoot well, he made some acrobatic shots in the lane.

In the end their TO's and defense killed them.

Now on to the good guys.

Thompson, Tate, Russell, Scott, and Loving all played over 30 minutes and Cam basically played 6th man with 26 minutes. They all scored 8 points or more. I wonder if this is Matta going back to his old 6 or 7 rotation instead of the 9 he has been using, or was it just Indiana?

I know it was Indiana with no bigs and we probably won't get away with the small ball lineup against too many other B1G teams, but we were out rebounded by a team that shot 52% and we still won by 12. I say let's go small ball and let the other teams adjust.

Another interesting thought is we really worked for good shots and didn't rely on the trey. In fact Russell and Loving were only 3-10 from three.

I have nothing bad to say about anyone in this game. We gave up some ez buckets early, but many times it was just Indiana making shots. Russell was Russell and Tate is a beast, everyone looked good. I hope we can build on this win and a victory against Maryland would really boost their confidence. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments