Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Men's Lacrosse: Cavaliers Brutalize Buckeyes, 14-8

+10 HS
beserkr29's picture
February 25, 2024 at 3:19pm
13 Comments

I suppose being half right and half wrong is something. I overestimated Virginia's offense, and did the same to Ohio State's. This was a much lower scoring game than it had any right to be, thanks to 35 combined saves from the goalkeepers.

Virginia showed exactly why it's a Final Four contender. I stand by my statement that they are not elite, but if Nunes is going to put up 17 saves, there's not many teams that will beat them. Ohio State just got outclassed at every level.

Granted, Bobby Van Buren didn't play today, and Jake Snyder was very limited. But the offense lost this game. Flat. Out. Again. It has never been good. Aside from one glorious period in 2020, the offense has never been good.

Not schematically. Not with personnel. The 2017 group was decent, but there were a ton of pros and Canadians on that team at the top.

After that, the wheels fell off, and stayed off. The defense wasn't perfect, but they did enough to win. The offense is incapable of competence. Not even good play. Basic competence. Yes, the opposing goalie played well. But Fyock had an identical number of saves and UVA got to 14. Until that gets fixed properly, this team is dead in the water.

Tommy Burke was worked over early, and barely got back to about even. Ben Mayer had 3 points, Alex Marinier had 2 goals. It was a pretty woeful day in most phases of the game.

There's not much else to say, really. Buckeyes travel to Ithaca to play Cornell, then have a 4-game homestand. It's Cornell, Notre Dame, Detroit, and Denver the next 4. Fifteen days to decide the season. A 1-3 record and it's all over but the crying.

Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments