Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Ohio State Fencing Results at the CCFC Championships

+14 HS
smibr37's picture
February 24, 2024 at 10:36pm
10 Comments

Thanks to my son's obsession with Star Wars and the lightsaber combatants being trained in fencing, I've become a fencing dad.  Since I follow a bunch of other fencing-related media sites, I discovered that Ohio State hosted the Central Collegiate Fencing Conference (team) Championships today at French Fieldhouse.  Who all is in the CCFC you ask?  Ohio State, Wayne State, Cleveland State, Lawrence, and Detroit Mercy compete for both men's and women's, with Northwestern and Denison also competing in the women's conference. The men finished 1st and the women 2nd.

On Sunday fencers will compete in the individual championships. The women's competition is slated to start at 8 a.m., with the award ceremony about 1:30 p.m. The men will start their competition at 12:30 p.m., with awards scheduled for 5:45 p.m. More info about the weekend can be found here on the OSU website if you are interested.  Admission is free and so is parking on the South side of the facility. No concessions so you'll have to BYO.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments