Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

YOU VS. OSU!

+4 HS
Clarett_Strips_Taylor's picture
October 2, 2016 at 2:27am
24 Comments

Many on these forums are former HS/college atheletes, many of whom competed against future/current OSU atheletes in HS, college, intramural etc. So what was your most impressive/memorable  recollection about competing with OSU atheletes? I have 4 distinct ones.

1. In 2002 I played for Bay Village against Avon Lake and OSU commit Mike D'Andrea. As RG I was assigned to block him regularly.  One of the few times I actually engaged him, he slipped in the mud and I technically pancaked him. I fell next to him and in a roid-rage he shoved me and I slid 3 feet through the mud. Coaches replayed it over and over in films.

2. I was playing pick-up basketball at the RPAC and my team played a team of OSU football players. I was excited for the challenge and was eventually matched up with Joe Bausserman. I was pumped to face an accomplished multi-sport athlete. I ended up outscoring him 7-0 in a game to 11. We lost. When Bausserman started in 2011, I knew we were done for. 

3. After the game listed above, several OSU football players were dunking in between games. I decided to enter the fray and threw it off the backboard, caught it left handed and dunked it. It was more impressive than any preceding dunk. As I landed, I heard former OSU RB Erik Haw say, "Damn, white men can jump!"

4. I was guarding OSU TE Jake Ballard in a pick up game. He is to this day the only person to ever dunk on me. But I blocked him, stole it from him and scored the game winning layup off of the steal. I had barely bested an OSU athlete in a sport he didn't specialize in, in a game he didn't care about (and doesn't remember) but it felt like my personal Super Bowl.

So what are your stories? I'm sure there are far more accomplished athletes with some really cool stories, let's here em'!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments