College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Is Lanning on the Hot Seat?

+1 HS
Chief Buckeye's picture
December 2, 2023 at 8:51am
109 Comments

Dan Lanning has now lost two consecutive games to his rival and missed out on a conference championship and playoff spot. By OSU standards he should have half the Oregon fan base calling for his head, but I doubt you hear much of that. What if they have a down year next year replacing Nix and with the transition to the B10? After being lauded as the hot new coach, when is his job status in discussion? I’d like to see some honest comments from both sides of the “Fire Day / Keep Day” argument, but apply them to Oregon and Lanning. Does removing the raw emotions change the conversation? I haven’t seen a single media article criticizing Lanning or questioning his job status today after losing the PAC 10 title game despite a very slow start and despite the inability of the D, his specialty, to get off the field in the 4th quarter. I think it’s a fascinating comparison to Day’s situation. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 109 Comments