College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Bert: Fired Up

+4 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture
October 5, 2022 at 8:24pm
64 Comments

Here's two interesting clips, featuring a fired up Bert. Though certainly understandable (given his history with Wisconsin) Bert seems particularly focused and stoked. From the new football facility to hiring Bert, I sense Illinois is truly committed to building something special. UI-grad friends of mine have been expressing growing enthusiasm about their football program, since Bert arrived.

In the first thirteen minutes of the following clip, Bert says some interesting things about recruiting and the SEC, which suggest he was also paying attention to Urban Meyer's tenure at Ohio State. Bert talks about familiar B1G recruiting grounds and it sounds like he wants to build a fence around Illinois. I know Northwestern's been marketed as "Chicago's B1G Ten Team." I think those days are over. I also expect him to poach major Wisconsin recruiting targets, too:

The other clip is Bert's most recent presser. He speaks frankly about getting canned by Arkansas and relates it to a conversation he had with Paul Chryst. Bert offers some very interesting insight, from his days at Iowa (both as a walk-on and assistant):

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments